Neumann Equipment pedestal capstan winches are manufactured from high-quality components for marine environmental conditions, providing years of dependable service. In addition, we specialise in custom-built capstan winches to satisfy your mooring requirements that meet relevant marine industry standards.
These custom-made capstan units can be mounted on the wharf or the vessel and can be used to haul or pull your vessel toward the dock.
All of our pedestal capstan winches are designer verified using Finite Element Analysis (FEA), manufactured and tested to meet marine industry standards. They are Built Tough and Designed to Last!
Advantages of a Pedestal Capstan Winch:
- You can use various rope sizes.
- Hauling can commence at any point along a length of rope.
- Elimination of the requirement to unwind long rope lengths.
- To control start/stop the pull, you increase or reduce the amount of tension you apply to the rope.
- The rope is free to be pulled out by another source.
- Electric or Hydraulic drive motor.
- Various size capstan head-up to 450mm diameter.
- Ergonomically designed pedestal height.
- The base and drum are fabricated from carbon steel as standard.
- All components are grit blasted and primed with two-pack epoxy primer and finished with heavy-duty two-pack epoxy polyamine marine coatings.
- Line pull capacities – up to 10,000kg.
- Hauling line speeds – up to 30 metres per minute.
- Variety of base types/styles.
- Stainless steel construction.
- Reduction gearboxes – gearbox type to suit requirements.
- Integrated electro-hydraulic powerpack.
Where to buy
Direct From Manufacturer
PO Box 8, Currumbin 4223, Qld, Building 20, 13 Nuban Street
CURRUMBIN, Queensland 4223
* All products may not be available at all stores, countries and regions.