Our Oceanographic Systems are designed to enable scientific research in waters up to a depth of 15,000 metres. These systems can be configured to suit various data transfer cables and associated slip-ring connections.
Our oceanographic winch designs are verified using Finite Element Analysis (FEA), manufactured and tested to meet the relevant standards. They are built tough and designed to last!
- Machine groove drum with suitable D/d ratio to suit coaxial cable.
- Data transfer through slip ring enabling connection to auxiliary monitoring equipment.
- Mechanical or electric automated wire feeder/level wind.
- Continuous tension monitoring independent of deployment angle with overload alarm.
- Bi-directional distance monitoring.
- Electric or hydraulic drive with associated control systems.
- Reduction gearbox.
- Fail-safe spring applied hydraulic/electric release brake.
- Carbon steel construction.
- All components are grit blasted and primed with two-pack epoxy primer and finished with heavy-duty two-pack epoxy polyamine marine coatings.
- Compliance with DNV-OS-H205 – Lifting Offshore and AS1418.1 (Cranes, Hoists and Winches).
- Hauling line speed to suit the application.
- Stainless steel or aluminium construction.
- Distance and tension data logging with export options.
- Custom control systems within a 316 stainless steel enclosure.
- Custom local/remote control stations.
- Isolated data transfer enclosure with shielded cables to eliminate EMF/EMC noise.
- Automated tow-fish storage and deployment systems.
- Custom designed head sheaves optionally fitted with load and distance monitoring.
- Guarding to suit customer requirements.
- Custom designed mounting to suit vessel fitment.
Where to buy
07 5589 9746
* All products may not be available at all stores, countries and regions.