Every mechanic knows that the best brake is useless if the wheel loses contact with the road. And that is exactly what happens when the damping performance of the chassis deteriorates because of worn elements in the suspension.
As a result, not only is the stopping distance extended, Driver assistance systems, such as ABS and ESP, cannot develop their effectivity if the ground contact is insufficient.
Shock absorbers have a limited life and on average 10% have failed by 5 years and worse still is that the most common method of inspection is visually, however more than 50% are not possible to asses visually.
Is a compact, battery-powered, handheld shock absorber tester that measures “Damping Ratio.” By measuring the vertical sprung mass movement of the vehicle to determine the performance of the individual shock absorber.
• Is installed in seconds on to the panel above the wheel being tested.
• Self-aligning by identifying its orientation at the beginning of each test
• Large display screen allows immediate analysis of results including graph.
• Capable of storing results of up to 100 vehicles
• Data logging download capability via wireless interface or USB
• Immediate print capability via optional wireless printer
STEP 1: Attach Suspension Meter to the wheel arch nearest wheel being tested.
STEP 2: Turn on Suspension Meter, follow prompts and select wheel being tested.
STEP 3: Drive approximately 1 meter and brake to a stop,. Follow prompts to save or view test results. Repeat steps as required.