Fill your house with the smell of these sweet treats baking in the oven, then fill your belly with them! We are loving this new recipe for homemade chocolate-dipped oat bars. They're great for a snack on the go, or with your morning cuppa.
10 minutes preparation
40 minutes cooking
30 minutes cooling
10 minutes decorating
325g Uncle Toby's oats
250g block of butter, melted
150g soft brown sugar
50g dessicated coconut
50g choice of chopped, toasted nuts
3 tbsp golden syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
100g dark chocolate
100g milk chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 150C and line a rectangular (27.5 x 23 x 3.5cm)baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of your ingredients, apart from the chocolate.
- Press the mixture into your baking tray and smooth to ensure you end up with a nice flat top.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and set aside to cool, (approximately 30 minutes), then cut into oblong bars.
- Melt your chocolate, either in the microwave in short bursts, stirring, or in a bowl over simmering water (if using the latter method, be careful not to allow any condensation to creep into the mixture, as this will alter the texture and cause it to turn grainy).
- Dip your bars into the hot chocolate mixture and allow them to cool for two hours.
- Eat until your heart is content!
Image credit: Eleanor Miller