DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
A true Aussie delight to start your day the savoury way! Check out our recipe for Vegemite Scrolls, brought to you by the team at Decor Australia.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 1 cup of flour, sugar, yeast and warm water. Mix with a wooden spoon and your hands, until a rough dough forms.
- Cover with a clean tea towel and leave the dough in a warm place for 20 minutes. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and add the salt, oil and remaining 1/4 flour to the top. Knead until it is smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough in two and roll each portion out into a rectangle (they should be around the same size).
- Spread the Vegemite all over one of the rectangles and top with the other layer of dough.
- Cut the dough into eight even strips using a sharp knife.
- Take each strip and twist it until it looks like a plait, and then roll it into a snail shell shape. Place each knot on a lined baking sheet.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl, and brush over the top of each knot.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.