DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
This creamy butter chicken recipe combines delicious spices with staple ingredients like onion, butter and tomato sauce for a tasty dish! Best of all it features stacks of locally sourced Australian Made, Australian Grown ingredients.
- 1kg Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into large pieces
- 2 tablespoons Pukara Estate olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 tbs sugar
- Steamed basmati rice, to serve
- Naan, to serve
- 4 cloves garlic
- 20g ginger, sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 150g Fire Roasted Red Pepper Strips
- 50g raw cashews
- To make the marinade, process the garlic, ginger, salt, red pepper strips and cashews in a food processor until a paste forms. Place chicken in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the marinade and turn to coat. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate.
- Heat the oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until soft. Add the cumin, ground coriander and garam masala and cook, stirring for 2 mins or until fragrant. Add the chicken to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until caramelised. Add passata, cream and sugar and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Add the remaining butter and stir to combine. Season with salt to taste.
- Remove pan from heat. Add the yoghurt and stir to combine. Divide butter chicken among serving plates. Top with coriander and mint leaves and serve with steamed basmati rice and/or naan.