DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Berrylicious Raw Slice
A deliciously fruity desert with no baking required. This Berrylicious Raw Slice is gluten-free, dairy-free, and seriously yummy - thanks to the team at Mayella Organic!
- 1/2 cup Cashews or Macadamias or a combination of both
- 2/3 cup Almond meal or flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Berry Coconut layer:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon Mayella Acai Berry Blend powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon Mayella Acai Berry Beautiful
- Process the cashews and or macadamias, almond meal or flour, coconut oil, maple syrup in a blender or food processor until they resemble crumbs.
- Spoon mixture into a lined with baking paper square or rectangle baking tin.
- Place in the freezer while you make the coconut layer.
- Add the melted coconut oil and coconut milk to a medium size bowl and whisk to combine well - make sure there is no separation between the coconut oil and milk.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla extract, Mayella Acai Berry Beautiful and sea salt, mix well.
- Add the shredded coconut and mix well to combine evenly through the mix.
- Pour over the base, smooth with the back of a spoon and place tray back into the freezer while you make the chocolate layer.
- Melt the coconut oil in saucepan on low heat. Once melted, remove from heat, add the maple syrup and whisk briskly until well combined. Add the cacao powder stirring well until combined through.
- Use an icing pipe or simply a deep spoon to drizzle the chocolate sauce over the slice in a back and forth motion to create stripes.
- Sprinkle Mayella Acai Berry Beautiful as a dust over the entire slice.
- Place back into the freezer and let it set completely. To ensure all layers are completely frozen, let it chill for 3-4 hours.
Slice and store:
- Remove from tin, slice into 24 slices, and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- As an option, you can sprinkle dried rose petals over the slices!