DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Roast pork with cider and apples
A home-cooked roast is always a family favourite around Christmas time! Check out our tasty recipe for roast pork featuring locally sourced ingredients. This classic dish just isn’t the same without a sweet serving of Australian Grown apples - the outcome is simply delicious.
- To roast pork, preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
- Placed the pork leg on a foil-lined Teppi Baking Tray and douse the meat with cider, brandy and apple sauce.
- Add the whole apples (unpeeled) on the tray, anywhere around the pork.
- Cover everything with another piece of foil and roast in the preheated oven. Halfway through cooking (for 1kg of pork, total cooking time is 1 hour), turn the leg over and pour some of the fat or juices from the tray over the pork, to keep it moist.
- Once cooked, use Annabel Trends Bushland Designed Oven Mits to carefully remove the tray from the oven – but keep the oven on.
- Remove pork rind and score the fat with a sharp knife. Once again, pour juices over and sprinkle the sugar over the fat.
- Put back in the oven and roast for another 10 minutes, then remove from oven and serve with slices of the roasted apples. Enjoy!