DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Pumpkin and ricotta ravioli
Try this tasty recipe featuring Aussie Made and Grown ingredients! Complete with sage butter sauce this elegant pasta dish is a comforting winter meal. The hand-rolled ravioli are filled with a creamy mixture of butternut pumpkin, ricotta and spices.
- 400g butternut pumpkin, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2/3 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 375g packet fresh lasagne sheets
BUTTER SAGE SAUCE
- 100g Ballantyne butter, chilled, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Place pumpkin in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover. Microwave on high (100%) for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring halfway, or until tender. Mash until smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Combine ricotta, nutmeg, cinnamon, parmesan, salt, pumpkin mixture and pepper in a bowl. Place 1 lasagne sheet on a board. Cut in half lengthways. Cut each rectangle into 8 squares. Repeat with remaining sheets.
- Place 2 level teaspoons pumpkin mixture in centre of 1 square. Lightly brush edges with water. Top with 1 square. Using a fork, press around edges to seal. Trim with a sharp knife. Transfer to prepared tray. Repeat with remaining pasta squares and pumpkin mixture to make 32 ravioli.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil over high heat. Cook ravioli, in batches, for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to dishes. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce: melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Add sage. Cook, shaking pan, for 4 to 5 minutes or until deep golden. Remove from heat. Add lemon juice (be careful, as mixture will spit). Stir to combine. Spoon over ravioli. Serve.