DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Quick and easy to prepare, these Garlic Prawns are perfect all year round. If you want to make it a main meal simply increase the number of prawns and add a fresh salad on the side. We guarantee there won’t be any leftovers!
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Rosedale Park Olives olive oil
- 20g Ballantyne butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1kg raw banana prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated, juiced
- 2 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 slices Coles Bakery Stone Baked White Sourdough Vienna, toasted
- Heat oil and butter in a large heavy frying pan over medium heat. When butter has melted, add shallot, chilli flakes, if using, and fennel seeds. Cook, stirring often, for 2 mins or until shallot softens.
- Increase heat to medium-high and stir in the prawns, garlic and paprika. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 3-4 mins or until prawns are cooked through. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and parsley. Check seasoning and add more salt, pepper or lemon juice if necessary.
- Spoon prawns and sauce onto serving plates and serve with bread.