DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Chocolate pan forte
This recipe for pan forte from our friends at Capilano Honey has us licking our lips. Particularly handy as it's long-lasting, you can prepare it well in advance of a special event...or gobble it up fresh - the choice is yours!
This recipe for chocolate pan forte from our friends at Capilano Honey has us licking our lips. Particularly handy as it's long-lasting, you can prepare it well in advance of a special event...or gobble it up fresh - the choice is yours!
1 cup blanched almonds (coarsely chopped, lightly roasted)
1 1/2 cups walnuts
200g dried figs (stems removed, quartered)
3/4 cup Capilano Honey
1 cup raisins (coarsely chopped)
150g Daintree Estates dark chocolate (coarsely chopped)
1/4 cup plain flour
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons mixed spice
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 tablespoon water
pure icing sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Grease and line base and sides of a 22cm round baking pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine almonds, walnuts, figs, raisins and chocolate in a large, heatproof bowl.
- Sift together flour and spices. Add to fruit and nut mixture and stir to combine.
- Place honey and caster sugar in a small saucepan and stir over a moderate heat until sugar dissolves and mixture starts to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes or until soft ball stage (drop a little mixture into a glass of cold water, it should form a soft ball).
- Pour hot mixture onto dry mixture and working quickly, stir to combine, using a large metal spoon. Spoon into prepared pan and press down firmly, smoothing surface with damp hands.
- Bake for 35 minutes. The mixture will still feel quite soft. Cool in pan.
- To serve, remove from pan, dust with icing sugar and cut into pieces.
- Panforte will keep for up to two weeks. Wrap in foil and place in an airtight container (do not refrigerate).
You can find more delicious Capilano Honey recipes at capilano.com.au/recipes.