Chocolate Mug Cake
Feel like some chocolate cake but only need one serve? Why not try a chocolate cake in a mug! It's super quick, very easy and leaves little washing up!
30g milk chocolate (about 6 pieces)
2 tbsp caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 1/2 tbsp plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
- In a mug melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave for about 30 seconds (using an 800 watt microwave)
- Make sure the mixture is completely melted and give it a bit of a mix to make sure it is nice and smooth
- Allow it to cool slightly before whisking in the egg followed by the caster sugar, vanilla extract, flour and baking powder
- Cook in the microwave for 1min20secs but keep an eye on it while it is cooking
- Mixture should firm up to form the 'cake'
- Allow to cool for one minute before eating.
**Top with some chocolate chips, strawberries and a dusting of icing sugar or serve with a scoop of ice cream if you really want to spoil yourself!**