Summertime is seafood time! This versatile dish can be rustic or elegant, depending on the mood of the day. Fresh and delicious, it's sure to please. It cooks in under 15 minutes too!
10 minutes (plus one hour soaking time)
800g clams and pipis, soaked in cold water and a generous pinch of black pepper for an hour, to remove grit
250 ml dry white wine
200g mushrooms, chopped
100g ham, chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
100ml frying oil
1/2 tsp paprika
2 lemons, sliced into 8 wedges
1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped, to garnish
Salt and pepper to season
- Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat, then add mushrooms and cook until golden (approximately 3 minutes).
- Add garlic, ham and spices and cook until fragrant (approximately 3 minutes).
- Set the mixture aside.
- Bring the wine to the boil in a saucepan and add clams and pipis.
- Cook covered, shaking the saucepan occasionally, until the clams and pipis open (approximately 3 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and discard any unopened shells.
- Pour in the mushroom mixture, season with salt and pepper to taste, and add a couple of squeezes of one or two lemon wedges to taste.
- Serve in individual bowls, garnished with parsley and a lemon wedge.
Image credit: Adrien Sala
Image credit: Monika Grabkowska