DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Spaghetti with Prawn and Pipis
Flavourful and aromatic, this Italian-inspired pasta dish is the perfect way to make the most of the warm weather we have left!
- Fill a large saucepan with water, bring to the boil, add spaghetti and cook for 5-7 minutes, then drain. Mix through with olive oil to avoid sticking.
- Drizzle olive oil into a saucepan on high heat, add half the onion and half the garlic and stir until soft. Add the pipis and wine to the saucepan and cover with a lid. Cook for 3-4 minutes, shaking the saucepan until shells open.
- Drizzle olive oil into a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the rest of the onion, garlic, chili flakes and thyme, and stir for 2-3 minutes. Add the prawns and stir for 4 minutes, cooking on both sides.
- Add the tomato and stir for 1 minute. Add the pipis and juice from the saucepan and mix through, bring to a simmer, and remove from heat.
- Add in the spaghetti and mix through, letting sit for a minute to soak in the juices. Top with a squeeze of lemon, pinch of thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.