DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Loaded Baked Potatoes
An old classic! This baked potato has crisp, golden skin, and is light and fluffy on the inside. Our mid-week recipe staring Aussie Made and Grown ingredients is great for any occasion.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
- Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; save skins. To the potato flesh add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup cheese, 1 of the carrots and 1/2 the spring onions. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. Spoon the mixture into the potato skins. Top each with remaining cheese, carrot, green onions and bacon.
- Bake for another 15 minutes
Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.