DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Homemade Pizza Dough
The best pizza is all about the dough! Take your woodfire pizzas to the next level with this 'poolish' pizza dough recipe for a texture and taste you've never seen before - thanks to the team at Wildcat Industries!
- 300ml water
- 300g flour
- 5g yeast
- 5g honey
(Poolish is a highly fluid yeast-cultured dough that is traditionally used in French baking. Adding it to your homemade pizza dough will enhance the taste and texture dramatically! This recipe makes enough for 4 pizzas.)
- 400ml water
- 10ml olive oil
- 700g flour
- 30g salt
Your choice of sauce, cheese and Australian Grown toppings!
- Combine the water, honey and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in the flour.
- Cover, and leave the bowl to stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Put the bowl of poolish in the fridge and leave for 16 to 24 hours.
- Take the bowl of poolish out of the fridge and let rest in room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In the same bowl, mix the poolish with the water and salt for the dough. Mix in the remaining flour.
- Take the dough out of the bowl, and on a flat surface, knead the dough for about 10 minutes, and work in the olive oil.
- Ball the dough, cover it in a bowl, and put in the fridge and leave for 16 to 24 hours.
- Take it out of the fridge and let rest at room temperature for 2 to 4 hours.
- Divide the dough into 4 balls, and roll out for your pizza bases (don't be too fussy about the shape - they're going to taste delicious!)
- Top with your choice of sauce, cheese and Australian Grown toppings, and cook in the oven for 8 - 10 min at 220 - 240°C. For best results, bake your pizza in a Pizza Oven from Wildcat Industries!