DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Green and gold cupcakes
Celebrate Australian Made Week with these green and gold cupcakes! Sweet, dense and bursting with flavour, you’ll love the twist of lemon and cream cheese icing.
2 cups (250g) plain flour
1 cup (200g) caster sugar
2 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1 cup (250ml) milk
1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
60g cream cheese, softened
30g butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
3/4 cup Soft Icing Mixture
Grated lemon and lime (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 12 x cupcake tray with paper cases.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Add sugar, poppy seeds and rind and mix well.
- Whisk milk, oil and egg together in a small jug. Pour into flour mixture and gently mix until just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into paper cases and bake for about 12 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Place cheese, butter and vanilla in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until pale. Gradually add icing sugar mixture, beating until combined.
- Grate lemon and lime on top, and enjoy!