DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
There's something a little bit exciting about wontons. They're all wrapped up like a delicious surprise! This recipe for chilli wontons is a quick and easy recipe for those in the food service industry. Enjoy!
3 tbsp minced garlic
3 tbsp sugar
135 ml soy sauce
60 ml chilli oil
60 ml balsamic vinegar
Coriander to garnish
24 wonton wrappers
200g pork mince
50 g de-stalked and finely chopped mushrooms
4 water chestnuts, finely chopped
1 green onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp cornflour
salt and pepper to season
- In a bowl, combine and mix the sauce ingredients together until the sugar is fully dissolved then set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the pork mince, de-stalked and finely chopped muchsrooms, water chestnuts, green oninon, soy sauce, conrflour, salt and pepper. Mix until ingredients are evenly spread.
- Place one wonton wrapper on a clean surface. Place one heaped teaspoon pork mixture in centre. Brush edges with water. Fold wonton over to enclose filling and form a triangle. Press edges together. Fold base corners of triangle up and around filling. Press to join. Repeat using remaining wrappers and pork mixture.
- Bring a saucepanful of water to boil. Then cook wontons for 3-4 minutes (if thawed) or 4-6 mins (if frozen), or until pork is cooked through and wontons float.
- Once cooked, remove them using a slotted spoon and transfer them into a bowl. Drizzle the chilli sauce over the wontons and serve.