DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Chicken Rice Soup
Flavourful and comforting, this Chicken Rice Soup is the perfect mid-week recipe to use up some of those yummy veggies you have on hand and stay warm!
- 2 tbsps Olive oil
- Small bunch of coriander (chopped)
- 1 Brown onion (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 large carrots (cut into half circles)
- 1/2 head of cabbage (chopped)
- 1 litre of chicken broth
- 1 litre of water
- 2 chicken breasts (chopped)
- 1 cup of rice
- Stock powder cube (vegetable or chicken)
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion and carrots and stir for 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cabbage and half of the coriander, and cook for one minute
- Add stock powder cube, chicken broth and salt and pepper. Stir for 1 minute, then add chopped chicken breasts
- Cover pot with lid, and let simmer on medium low for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and add rice. Stir, then cover pot with lid. Let simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Remove soup from stove
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with remaining coriander