DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Go on, treat yourself! This caramel slice recipe from Australian Made's Marketing Manager is dead easy and absolutely delicious.
Go on, treat yourself! This Australian Made caramel slice recipe is dead easy and absolutely delicious.
2 tablespoons Coles golden syrup
1 cup self raising flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup brown sugar
1 tin Australian Made Nestle sweetened condensed milk (395g)
1 cup of Milk chocolate melts
- Mix the flour, coconut, 150g melted butter and sugar together. Press into a shallow, lined baking dish (approx 18cm x 28cm), and bake for 10 minutes at 180C.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk, golden syrup and 30g butter in a saucepan and mix on medium heat until nearly boiling, then stir constantly for 5 minutes.
- Pour evenly over base and return to 180C oven for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Melt the chocolate and pour over slice.
- Pop the slice in the fridge to set, then slice and enjoy!