DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Cooking for someone who's not-so-keen on their greens? It's hard not to like this broccoli salad - packed with flavour, full of greens and it includes a bit of bacon for good measure!
Cooking for someone who's not-so-keen on their greens? It's hard not to like this broccoli salad - packed with flavour and it includes a bit of bacon for good measure!
2 large heads of Australian Grown broccoli
6 rashers bacon, finely sliced
1 tsp olive oil
3 firm red Australian Grown tomatoes, halved, deseeded and finely sliced
1 small bunch of fresh chives, finely chopped
For the dressing
½ clove of Australian Grown garlic, peeled and finely grated
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper
- Use a small knife to remove the broccoli florets and cut them up into much smaller ones.
- Blanch your broccoli florets quickly in boiling salted water for 60 seconds, just long enough to soften the broccoli but still leave it with a bit of a bite.
- Drain the broccoli in a colander, then spread it around a clean tea towel to steam dry (this is important because it will help the dressing cling to the broccoli).
- Once completely dry, transfer to a serving dish.
- Fry the bacon on a medium heat with a tsp of olive oil until crisp and golden, then spoon the bacon bits over your broccoli.
- Pour all of the dressing ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk.
- Add the sliced tomatoes and chopped chives to your broccoli and bacon bits.
- Dress it all well and check the seasoning. If it needs pumping up, add a splash more vinegar.
- Serve straight away.