DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Baked Pear Salad
A sweet and savoury salad, perfect for summer! Serve as a light lunch or side-dish at your next barbie and treat your family and friends to this delicious dish, filled with Australian Made & Grown ingredients.
- Wash, peel, core and slice the pears.
- Wash the lemon and zest 3-4 stripes of lemon peel.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces.
- Heat up a frying pan and add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the sliced pears and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add bacon pieces, lemon zest and walnuts, and toss it all together.
- Continue to cook at medium heat until the bacon is crispy and pears are golden.
- Add balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste
- Place onto serving platter while leaving the remaining juices in the pan.
- Mix through with rocket leaves.
- Add 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice to the juices in the pan, mix together, and drizzle juice on top of your finished dish.