DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Baking the most of the extra time at home? Why not try whipping up a loaf of tasty sourdough bread with Australian Made, Australian Grown ingredients while you’re at it! This timeless recipe can be a bit of a challenge but the result is a delicious staple for the whole family to enjoy.
- Mix all the ingredients except the bread flour.
- Add enough of the flour to make a dough. Knead the dough for five to ten minutes until smooth. Allow dough to rise in a covered oiled bowl, in a warm place, until doubled in size.
- Oil a bread loaf baking tin. Shape dough into a log inside the baking tin. Set aside until doubled in size. If it rises too high, it's sinks more easily.
- Preheat oven to 250C.
- Bake in oven for 7-10 minutes then reduce temperature to 180C for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and tip onto a wire rack and allow to cool.