DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Savoury spinach and feta muffins
These taste as good as they sound! Normally muffins are associated with something sweet, but this savoury spin on an old favourite makes for a perfect breakfast or midday snack on the go. Best of all it’s quick and easy to make this tasty recipe with Australian Made and Grown ingredients.
- 2 ¾ cups all purpose flour (you can substitute partly with whole wheat flour)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup low fat milk
- ½ cup Rosedale Park Olives extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh spinach
- ¾ cup crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup drained and patted dry jarred Florina peppers or other red pepper
- Preheat oven at 190 C.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, paprika, and salt.
- In another bowl mix the olive oil, eggs and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until blended with a wooden spoon. The dough will be thick.
- Add the feta, spinach and peppers and mix gently until all ingredients are spread throughout the whole mixture.
- Divide mixture in muffin pan that you have lined with muffin/cupcake liners or you can use a silicon muffin tray and grease it with a bit of olive oil. You should have enough for 12 medium muffins.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove when toothpick comes out clear when inserted in the muffin.
- Let them cool for 10 minutes and remove from tray. Let them cool for a couple of hours before serving.