DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Ricotta and spinach frittata
Frittatas are the quintessential quick meal and perfect any time of day! Try this spinach frittata with locally sourced Australian made and grown ingredients for dinner tonight - then munch on leftovers tomorrow for breakfast or lunch.
- 8 egg whites (about 1 cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves Australian Gourmet Pastes garlic, minced
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 to 3 spring onions, chopped to garnish
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, egg and skim milk until frothy; set aside.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch nonstick frying pan on medium. Add garlic and onion and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until softened. Add spinach to pan, in batches if necessary, and cook, stirring frequently, until wilted. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and drop ricotta by the tablespoon over the top. Cook for 3 minutes, until eggs begin to set on the bottom. Transfer pan to oven and bake for 8 minutes or until eggs are firm. Cut frittata into 4 wedges and serve immediately.
- Top with fresh spring onions to finish.