DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
This tasty dish features stacks of Australian Made and Grown goodies! Try this colourful weekend dish that looks really attractive served on a large platter in the middle of the table. It requires a few hours in the oven but is hardly any work at all.
- Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- Put the lamb into a roasting tin with the fatty side facing up. Scatter the onion around the lamb. Score the lamb with a sharp knife and rub in the pomegranate molasses with your hands. Season well. Add 2 mugs of water to the tin, then cover with foil and roast for 4 hours. Rest for 15 minutes before pulling chunks of the lamb off the bone with 2 forks.
- While the lamb is resting, put the couscous into a large bowl with a large knob of butter, the harissa and seasoning, then add enough boiling water to just cover. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave for 5 minutes before fluffing the grains gently with a fork.
- Put the couscous onto a platter and arrange the shredded lamb on top. Pour off any fat from the roasting tin and pour the juices over the lamb and couscous plus a little more molasses. Scatter with the mint and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges for extra zing!