DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Pea and ham gnocchi
There's nothing like a warm bowl of gnocchi to fight the winter blues! Topped with fresh Australian ham and grated parmesan, this delicious cold weather recipe is guaranteed to impress your family and friends.
- 3 cups (360g) frozen peas
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 40g unsalted Ballantyne butter
- 1 tbs extra virgin Rosedale Park Olives olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 120g shaved ham, chopped
- 500g Coles Potato Gnocchi
- Rosedale Park Olives extra virgin olive oil, extra, to serve
- Flat-leaf parsley sprigs, to serve
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
Place the peas and bicarbonate of soda in a medium heatproof bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover. Set aside for 2 mins or until peas are heated through.
Drain well. Return the peas to the bowl and use a fork to coarsely mash.
Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ham. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 mins or until the ham is light golden.
Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup (250ml) cooking liquid.
Add the peas, reserved cooking liquid and gnocchi to the ham mixture in the pan. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 mins or until sauce reduces slightly. Season.
- Divide among serving bowls. Drizzle with the extra oil. Sprinkle with parsley and parmesan.