DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Christmas rocky road
Season's eatings! We just love this Christmas twist on a traditional rocky road recipe – it’s perfect for end of year celebrations. Give it as a gift or serve as a sweet treat after your Christmas Day feast.
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 100g milk chocolate, chopped
- 20g copha or Ballantyne butter, chopped
- 280g pink and white marshmallows, halved
- 150g shortbread fingers, coarsely chopped
- 4 x 35g pkts Coles Gingerbread biscuits, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (70g) slivered almonds, toasted
- 4 x 52g Cadbury Cherry Ripe bars, coarsely chopped
- Green & red Mars M&M’s/M&M’s Minis, to decorate
- Grease the base and sides of a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
Place combined chocolate and copha or butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir for 5 mins or until the mixture melts and is smooth.
Combine marshmallow, shortbread, gingerbread, almond and Cherry Ripe in a large bowl. Add chocolate mixture. Gently fold until just combined. Spoon into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with M&M’s and M&M’s Minis. Set aside for 1 hour to set. Cut into pieces to serve.