DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Chewy caramel slice
Here’s a new twist on a classic Aussie caramel slice recipe! An extra hint of coconut is our secret for a delicious hint of chewiness. Best of all this tasty treat can be made with stacks of locally sourced ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line an 18cm x 28cm lamington pan with baking paper.
- Combine flour, sugar, coconut and melted butter. Mix well.
- Press into the prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Whilst the base is cooking, combine condensed milk, golden syrup and extra butter in a saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until almost boiling, stirring constantly.
- Reduce to a low heat and cook for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Pour caramel over base and bake for a further 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Spread caramel slice with melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Cut into pieces, then serve.