DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Baked lemon tart
Light, refreshing and tangy, this baked lemon tart is a timeless classic. Enjoy the tasty dessert with friends or family after your next dinner party. Made with fresh, locally sourced ingredients this recipe is sure to impress.
1 3/4 cups plain flour
1/2 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
1/3 cup icing sugar mixture
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons chilled water
- Whipped cream, to serve
5 eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
Place flour, almond meal, icing sugar mixture and butter in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg yolks and water. Process until dough comes together. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until just smooth. Shape into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease a 4cm-deep, 23.5cm (base) round, loose-based fluted flan tin. Roll out pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm-thick. Line tin with pastry. Trim excess. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place prepared tin on a baking tray. Line pastry case with baking paper. Fill with ceramic pie weights or uncooked rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove weights or rice and baking paper. Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden. Cool pastry case. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Make lemon filling Whisk eggs, sugar, cream, lemon rind and lemon juice in a bowl. Stand 5 minutes. Pour mixture into pastry case. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until filling has just set. Cool for 15 minutes. Refrigerate overnight or until chilled. Serve with whipped cream and strawberries.
- You'll need 2 lemons.
- You need to start this recipe a day ahead.