DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Pumpkin Pesto Risotto
Looking for a mid-week dinner that’s healthy and tasty? This simple vegetable risotto is sure to impress and is easy to prepare.
Looking for a mid-week dinner that’s healthy and tasty? This simple vegetable risotto is sure to impress and is easy to prepare. Pukara Estate has provided us with the inspiration for this recipe.
Preparation & cooking time
650g pumpkin cubed into 2cm pieces
1 onion diced
1 ½ cups Arborio rice
2 ½ cups vegetable stock
2 Tbsp sundried tomato pesto
1 cup rocket leaves to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Peel and dice pumpkin into 2cm cubes. Place on lined baking tray and toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil, roast for 20 minutes or until just soft.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan, cook onion until soft. Add rice and stir well
- Add 2 cups of vegetable stock to pan. Simmer for about 15 minutes and stir regularly.
- Add the remaining ½ cup of stock and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes or until the rice is tender yet firm to the bite.
- Stir in the sundried tomato pesto and gently mix the pumpkin pieces through
- Serve risotto topped with rocket leaves and a drizzle of garlic oil