DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
BBQ chilli and lemongrass prawns
Its BBQ season and we can't wait to try out this tasty BBQ prawn recipe!
It's BBQ season and we can't wait to try these tasty BBQ prawns! This recipe can be whatever you want it to be. To make it a main meal, increase the number of prawns and add a fresh salad on the side.
One hour including marinading time
16 large prawns, peeled to the tail
2 lemongrass stems, chopped (white part only)
2 kaffir lime leaves
1 long red chilli
2tbs of Eagle Vale olive oil
80 ml coconut cream
Pinch of sea salt
- Soak four bamboo skewers for 30 minutes to an hour in a bowl of water. This will save the skewers from burning when placed on the BBQ.
- Place the olive oil, lemongrass, lime leaves, chilli and a pinch of salt in a blender. Pulse until finely chopped and well combined.
- Toss the prawns in the marinade and leave in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat the BBQ to medium high.
- Thread four prawns on to each soaked skewer.
- Place the prawns onto the preheated BBQ and grill for 3 minutes then baste with the coconut cream. Turn the prawns over and cook for another minute on the other side and baste again.
- Serve the prawns to the table still on their skewers.