???? Get 10% off your first order at homelealass.com with the code AUS
Homelea Hug is a felted yarn which gives the soft yarn durability and limits the amount it pills and fluffs. It also means that it’s possible to felt the yarn joins. The size and felted texture of Homelea Hug gives it awesome definition – even the most basic stitches look fascinating made with it.
Size: Homelea Hug is an extreme yarn that comes in 1kg (2.2lb) skeins. There’s about 30m (33yds) of yarn in each ball and it’s best to give it the wool-washing-combo of cold, gentle hand wash and lie flat to dry.
How to use it: Homelea Hug is perfect for crocheting and knitting with 30mm and 35mm hooks and needles, or even your arms! I love how it looks and feels when it’s wound into a big ball and it’s ideally suited for big, chunky blankets and scarves.
How to join balls: One of the reasons I love creating with Homelea Hug is because it’s possible to felt the ends of it together – this means less wastage and (more importantly) no sewing in ends.
To felt the ends together all that’s needed is a felting tool, a felting mat and the following steps:
- Cut each yarn end on an angle.
- Overlap the two ends for approximately 5cm and lie them on the felting mat.
- Using the felting tool, felt the two ends together. Keep rotating the join to make sure the two ends are completely joined and felted.
- I like to give the join a good tug just to make sure it’s not going to come apart.
It's good to know: You may find some vegetable matter in Homelea Hug. I love how this links the maker back to the growth of the fibre.
I hope you enjoy creating with Homelea Hug as much as I do.
With love, Lynda.
Where to buy
* All products may not be available at all stores, countries and regions.