Love cookies, but hate gluten? This recipe for gluten-free peanut butter, cacao and molasses cookies was created by the girls at Panaceas Pantry for our friends at Natural Evolution, and it is positively delectable. Go on, treat yourself! They'll be ready in less than half an hour...
15 minutes (or until your desired crunchiness)
3/4 cup Natural Evolution green banana flour – Ultimate Gluten Free Baking Flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp good quality salt
50-100 g dark chocolate of your choice, chopped into small chunks
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup rice malt syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp molasses (preferably unsulphered)
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or powder
1 'chia seed egg' (1 tbsp chia seeds, 3 tbsp coconut water, thickened)
40 ml nut milk (or your preferred milk)
- If you don't have chia seed eggs on hand, combine chia seeds and coconut water and set aside to thicken
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, and stir to combine evenly
- Add all wet ingredients in a separate bowl and mix thoroughly, until smooth and creamy
- Pour the wet mix into the dry, and mix together until combined
- Using wet hands, make 12 balls and place on prepared tray
- Bake for around 15 minutes (on the top rack), or until your desired crunchiness!
You can find more delicious Natural Evolution recipes at www.naturalevolutionfoods.com.au.