- built for the natural world with organic shapes, textures and structures that mimic the physical and thermal properties of natural hollows
- completely modular, with a stackable design and multiple entry configurations to suit a range of species great and small, delivering the diversity of nature
- constructed from recyclable moulded UV-stabilised polypropylene and FSC certified timber liners, ensuring long service life far exceeding traditional nest boxes
- revolutionary in design with double walls for temperature and humidity control, reinforced entry stubs to withstand chewing and frequent use, full circumferential drainage slots,
- durable made with novel forms and materials and with a mounting bracket system made from recycled materials which bond to the host tree
- manufactured locally in Orange, NSW using injection moulding for the external plastic components, and FSC certified timber for the internal panels
WHY AREN'T TIMBER NEST BOXES THE ANSWER?
Nest boxes are on average 8 degrees hotter than tree hollows in summer and can reach internal temperatures in excess of 50 degrees. Typically they only last 8-10 years prior to failure.
Timber boxes are used by many common and introduced species, as well as threatened mammals, but in Australia they are rarely used by bird and microbat species of conservation concern.
A range of our most popular Habitech nest box configurations are available for purchase from our website. For bulk orders or other target species not listed here, please get in touch with our ecologists to tailor a Habitech nest box configuration to the specific needs for your target species.
Where to buy
* All products may not be available at all stores, countries and regions.