We love eating The Modern Baking Company's delicious ANZAC biscuits, but sometimes it's simply more fun to make your own from scratch!
1 cup rolled Uncle Toby's oats
1 cup plain flour
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
½ cup dessicated coconut
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 tablespoon water
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Grease two oven trays and line them with baking paper.
- Combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut.
- Stir butter, syrup and water in a small saucepan over low heat until smooth, then add the bicarbonate of soda.
- Stir wet mixture into dry mixture until well-combined.
- Spoon level teaspoons of the combined mixture onto baking trays, flattening slightly and leaving about three inches of space between each.
- Bake for 20 minutes, allow to cool and enjoy!