Australian Made Board of Directors meet for the 100th time
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Image caption - Front row from left to right: Nikki Anderson, Allyn Beard (Deputy Chair), Glenn Cooper AM (Chairman), Senator Simon Birmingham – Minister for Education, Peter Hendy, Fiona Simson, Andrew Broad MP. Back row from left to right: Peter Anderson, Neil Coulson, Richard Holyman, Robert Gerard AO (AMCL Patron), David Gray AM, Ian Harrison – CEO, Neil Summerson AM (Treasurer), Mark Patterson AO.
The Australian Made Campaign has celebrated the 100th meeting of its Board of Directors, underscoring the longevity of the not-for-profit organisation that administers the famous Australian Made, Australian Grown logo (AMAG logo).
Senior members of the business community attended the milestone assembly which took place at Business SA, followed with a luncheon hosted by Australian Made patron Robert Gerard AO, for the Board who have contributed to the success of the Australian Made Campaign since its establishment.
The organisation was officially launched in 1999 by then Prime Minister, John Howard OM AC.
“The Australian Made logo has become the most instantly recognised symbol of products made in Australia and sold globally. I congratulate the Australian Made Campaign and the team of Board members behind it on their continued success and assistance in promoting Australian products,” Mr Howard, said.
The Australian Made Campaign has accomplished a number of significant achievements with the guidance of the Board during its long-standing history managing the AMAG logo.
“The AMAG logo now provides more than 2700 business across 20,000 products with clear and consistent country-of-origin branding here and overseas; it has great prominence in key export markets that such as USA, China, Singapore and South Korea where it is now a registered trademark,” Australian Made Chairman, Glenn Cooper, said.
The easily recognised (99%)* and widely trusted (86%)* AMAG logo has been incorporated into the Government’s new food labelling scheme which becomes mandatory on 1 July 2018, where it will be found on nearly all Australian food products sold domestically.
The Australian Made Campaign Board is currently comprised of:
- Mr Glenn Cooper (AM Chairman), Chairman, Coopers Brewery Limited
- Mr Allyn Beard Deputy (Chairman), Director of Sales & Marketing, A.H Beard Pty Ltd
- Mr Neil Summerson AM FCA (Treasurer), Chairman, Glendower Group of Companies
- Ms Nicki Anderson, Head of Major Donor Partnerships, Australian Red Cross
- Kate Carnell AO, Australian Small Business & Family Enterprise Ombudsman
- Mr David Gray AM, Managing Director, David Gray & Co Pty Limited
- Mr Rirchard Holyman, Managing Director, Martin and Pleasance
- Mr Robert Hutchinson, State Manager, Queensland ParexDavco Australia Pty Ltd
- Mr James Pearson, Chief Executive Officer, Australian Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Ms Fiona Simpson, President, National Farmers' Federation
* Roy Morgan Research 2018